- To preserve and promote the cultural heritage of the nation.
- To promote the communal harmony.
- To be effective agents of social changes.
- To promote and work for social justice and respect for life in the context of emerging global, national and regional concerns.
- To value freedom and respect the freedom of others.
- To develop the ability to collect, organize and interpret historical data.
- To create an awareness of the social problems.
- To understand the present in the light of the past.
- 1972 – B.A.HISTORY
- 2002 – M.A. HUMAN RIGHTS
- 1998-1999 – B.A History Specialization in Tourism
- 2012-2015 – Add on courses- Certificate courses
FORMER HEADS OF THE DEPARTMENTS WITH PHOTOS
|1||Sr. Fabiana (1972-1977)|
|2||Mrs. Sakuntala Samueval (1977-82)|
|3||Dr. Sr. Georgia (1982 – 2006)|
|4||Omana Jacob (2006-2007)|
|5||Mrs.Beaulah (2007- 2008)|
|6||Mrs. Joesphin Leela (2008-2011)|
STAFF AND SPECIALIZATION
|S.NO||NAME||QUALIFICATION||AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
|1.||Dr. Sr. P. Rajakumari||M.A., M. Phil, Ph. D||Women Studies,Human Rights,||13 Years|
|2.||Ms. Theresa Rosetti.J||M.A., M. Phil., Ph. D||History of Medieval India,Tourism, Human and TravelÂ Management||12 Years|
|3.||Ms. R. Pricila||M.A., M. Phil., B. Ed||Indian History,World History,International Relations,||8 Years|
|4.||Ms. Thahira Banu||M.A., M. Phil., SET|
|5.||Ms. Bonita Lynette Cooper||M.A. M.Phil, M.Lis.|
|6.||Dr. Rekha P||M.A., M. Phil., Ph. D|
|7.||Ms. Kamatchi||M.A., M. Phil.|
DEPARTMENT ACTIVITIES (2013-2014)
|2013 2014||Introduce New
3 Papers. In the
2. Soft skill
Training for the
n Skill Training
Techniques.3. Making them
to do various
Papers. In the
|Field visits 1. Tourist centres and historical places. Hogenakkal,
Vellore Fort, Golden Temple, Thiupathur, Yelagiri
Hills, Chidambaram, Pitchavaram.2.Soft skill Training for the students Training on
Communication Skill Training on Interview
3. Making them to do various certificate courses.Local Visits-Rock Fort, Srirangam, Museum and
Planned to organise tour to Tourism students to Delhi,
Haridhuvar, Risikesh, Dehara Dun, and Mussorie.
|Srirangam, Museum and Archives. Planned to organise tour to Tourism students to Delhi, Haridhuvar, Risikesh, Dehera Dun, and Mussorie.|
ACTIVITIES FOR (2014-2015) – till date
|Two Staff will
take up Major
a paper in
ACHIVEMENTS OF STAFF:
Dr. M. Viji who received the Best Citizen award by the the World’s leading Biographical Specialist in the year 2014.
Prizes in Academics
Ms. Manimegalai (III YEAR HISTORY)
- Won 1st Place in academics during the year 2012 – 2013 in Main.
- Got 1st place in General English during the academic year 2012 – 2013 and 2013 – 2014.
- Got overall 1st place in Ethics during the academic year 2013 – 2014.
Prizes in Non – Academics
- Won in high jump and long jump during the year 2012 – 2013.
- Got third place in high jump and first place in speed walk during the year 2012 – 2013.
- Got first place in surprise event conducted by BCA department.
- Certified as a best NCC cadet.
- Secured Gold Medal in Health & Hygiene.
- Represented TamiNadu in All India Thal Sainik Camp – Delhi for firing.
- Won first prize in Essay competition during the year 2012 – 2013.
- Won second place in poster making presentation during the year 2013 – 2014.
- Secured first place in State Level Quiz competition conducted by St. Joseph’s College during the year 2012 – 2013 and 2013- 2014.
Non – Academics
Ms. Celine Sophia (III Yr HISTORY)
- Certified as best NCC Cadet.
- Attended All India Trekking Camp.
- Attended All India National Integration Camp – Andhra Pradesh.
- Attended Inter Unit Camp in RDC.
INNOVATIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS : LCD, INTERACTION, FIELD VISITS,
SMART BOARDS, ROLE PLAY
NUMBER OF E-LESSONS DEVELOPED : 7
MAJOR / MINOR PROJECTS SANCTIONED
TO THE DEPARTMENT/INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIVE PROJECT: NIL
|S.NO||Name of the
|Title of the Major and
|1.||Dr. M. Viji
Asst. Prof. History
|A study on identifying
culture in the villages around
participatory Model for
knowledge & culture
particularly through New
Media & ICT.F5 460
|S.NO||Name of the Investigator||Time of the Minor Projects and
|1.||Mrs. Josephine Leela
Associate Prof. of History
|Sensitization of elementary
school teachers on Child Rights
in the Rescapes adopted village
in Manachanallur Taluk (2008-
|Rs. 1,38,000||UGC||2008 – 2010.|
Asst. Prof. of History
|A study on how pollution that
affect the arrival of the foreign
tourists in Tiruchirappalli.
|Rs. 1,10,000||UGC||2008 – 2010.|
|3.||Sr. P. Rajakumari
Asst. Prof. of History
|A study on gender and human
settlement with reference to
gypsies in Tiruchirappalli (2008
|Rs. 1,05,000||UGC||2008 – 2010.|
|No of staff
|Pursuing||No of staff
|1.||Dr. M. Viji
|Nil||8||Dr. M. Viji
MOUs Signed : NIL
STUDENT CENTRED SERVICES : NIL
INTENSIVE INTERNSHIP (On-the-job training) : NIL
|1.||M. Elizabeth Paripooranam (1977-80)||Senior Audit Inspector Trichy Corporation|
|3.||Mrs.Florence Armstrina||Customs Officer, Chennai|
|Ms.Usharani||I Grade Officer in Railways|