Scholarship and Fee Concessions
Students in Aided and Self-financing Programmes are eligible for scholarship. A student can avail only one scholarship.
1. The SC/ST students including the Christian converts are eligible to apply for scholarship offered by the Tamil Nadu Government, provided their parentsâ€™ annual income does not exceed 2,00,000/- . Even if their parents annual income exceeds the limit,they are eligible to get the fees reimbursement under Free Education Scheme of Tamil Nadu Government, for both Shift I and Shift II.
2. The BC/MBC/DNC students are also eligible for scholarship, provided their parents’ annual income does not exceed 1,00,000/- (For both U.G. and P.G. students studying in Aided and Self – Financing Programmes of Shift-I and Shift-II).
3. Under E.V.R. Periayar Nagammai Memorial Free Education scheme, full tution fess concession is allowed only for P.G. students of Aided Programmes whose parents’ annual income does not exceed 50,000/-.
4. Farmers’ children scholarship can also be availed by students whose parnts hold the Farmers’ Social Security and Welfare Card, issued by Tamil Nadu Government (For both Aided and Self-Financing Programmes of Shift-I and Shift-II).
5. UGC scholarships a. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST candidates. b. Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child. c. Post Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University Rank holders at Under Graduate level.
6. In addition, the college also provides scholarship to the deserving students.
7. The students can apply for scholarship/ concession only after paying the first semester fees in full and is enrolled in the college. The necessary application forms are available in the college office.
Scholarship and Fee Concessions : Students in Shift – I & Shift – II Programmes are eligible for scholarships. Government-
Several categories of scholarships available and sanctioned by the
Government on proper application are furnished below
|Name of the Scholarship||Sanctioning Authority||Approved Amount of Scholarship
for the year
for the year
|National Merit Schloarship||Director of Collegiate Education, Chennai||Varying Rules||On Merit Basis|
|Govt. of India Scholarship to scheduled Caste and Schduled Tribes students||District Adidravidar Welfare Officer,
|Varying Rules||To students of Scheduled Caste and Tribes both Hindus and Christian Converts|
|Merit cum Means Award||District Adidravidar Welfare Officer, Tiruchirappalli.||Varying Rules||To SC/ST/SCC students who
scored more than 1000 marks in +2 & 60% and above in Degree and Post Graduate Degree Courses
|State Scholarship for Backward Classes||District Backward Classes Welfare Officer, Tiruchirappalli||Varying Rules||To
all B.C. students provided the income of the parents does not exceed 1,00,000/-year(aided Courses only)
|Scholarship for Most Backward Classes & D.N.C.||District Backward Classes Welfare Officer, Tiruchirappalli||Varying Rules||To all M.B.C. and D.N.C.. students provided the income of the parents does not exceed 1,00,000/-year(aided Courses only)|
|Higher Educational Special Scholarship HESS/Grant||District Adidravidar Welfare Officer, Tiruchirappalli.||INR.6,500 to UG students & 7,000 to PG students||For students of Scheduled Caste and Tribes staying in College Hostel both Hindus and
Christian Converts-income limit INR
50,000/-(aided Courses only).
|Fee Concession to children of Defence Services||Director of Collegiate Education, Chennai||Varying Rules||All students
who are children of defence service personnel are eligible for fees concession only.
|Scholarship to children of Freedom Fighters||Director of Collegiate Education, Chennai||Varying Rules||To students
who are children of Freedom Fighters.
|Tution Fee concession to PG Students (Aided) under EVR Nagammai Tution Fee concession scheme||Director of Collegiate Education, Chennai||Varying Rules||Income limit INR 50,000/-.|
|Farmer’s children welfare scholarship||Joint Director of Collegiate Education, Chennai||Varying Rules||For those students
whose parents have the Farmer’s Social Welfare
Security Scheme card issued by Tamil Nadu Government.
Management 1. Sr. Elizabeth Rose Endowment Scholarship
Scheme of scholarships and concessions available to the students undergoing
Higher Education in our College.
- Farmers Children Welfare Scholarship
This scholarship is given to the farmer’s children studying UG/PG courses.
There is no income ceiling limit. Students can avail this scholarship even if they receive any other Scholarship – (from 2011-2012)
- Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST students:- Parental Annual Income Ceiling
Rs 2 lakhs Maintenance charges+Special fees+ Exam fees in full will be sanctioned
By the District Adidravidar & Tribal welfare Officer,Tiruchirappalli( online claim is
- State Special Scholarship :- sanctioned By the District Adidravidar & Tribal welfare Officer,Tiruchirappalli – to the Adidravidar Converted to Christianity –Annual income ceiling Rs 1 lakh (online claim is made)
- Free Education:- If the income exceeds the limit for the Adidravidar/Tribal/
Christian converts from SC/ST community, the examination fees & the special
Fees will be sanctioned. ( online claim is made)
- Higher Educational Special Scholarship:-Adidravidar/Tribal/Adidravidar
Converted to Christianity – Boarders of the Hostels attached to the college
& pursuing UG/PG courses – Rs 6500 for UG Hostellers Rs 7000 for P.G
Hostellers. This amount sanctioned besides the Postmatric Scholarship for the
same students-Income Limit Rs 1 lakh
- Merit Cum Means Award/Chief Ministers Award
Adidravidar/Tribal/Adidravidar Converted to Christianity students in each
district who find place in the list of first thousand students in the +2 public
exam & continue their studies.
- Prime Ministers Award :-
Adidravidar/Tribal/Adidravidar Converted to Christianity students who
Complete their course- PG/UG –in the first attempt – with more than
60% of Marks – who find place in the first 250 ranks for UG- 150 ranks in
- BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship:-
Post Matric Scholarship for BC/MBC/DNC students studying regular aided
Courses- UG/PG. Special fees,Examination fees & Book Money along with
Hostel boarding charges paid for those who stay in college approved hostels
Income limit not more than 1 lakh- payment of Tution Fees in full is waived
Upto degree courses –(for regular aided courses) – online claim is made
- Tution fee concession under E V R Nagammai Tution fee Concession Scheme
For Women students belonging to poor families:-
For PG Girl Students studying regular aided courses including M.C.A whose
Parental Income does not exceed Rs 50000/-per year. – payment of Tution Fees in full is waived Upto degree courses –(for regular aided courses)
- Beedi /Mine/Cine workers Children scholarship:-
The Labour Welfare Commissioner Govt.of India sanction scholarship to the
Children of the mentioned category studying UG/PG courses.
- Minority Welfare Scholarship:-
Central govt Provide financial assistance to the poor meritorious minority
community students to enable them to pursue higher studies
- Government Endowment Scholarship:-
Provided by Bharathidasan University for the Meritorious students.
- Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarships
The students who donot avail any other scholarship can apply for this
scholarship offered by this trust
- TamilNadu Educational Trust Scholarship:-
Students are selected by this Trust for scholarships on Merit basis
- IndraGandhi PostGraduate Scholarship for Single Girl Child
Application to be submitted online to UGC NewDelhi by the PG
Students who are the single Girl Child in their family.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
For SC/ST students doing M.Phil, Ph.D – online application
The Ph.D. Scholars who wish to avail the Scholarship Scheme must have the following eligibilities
- The Students must be full time Ph.D. research scholar either First year, Second year or Third year in anyone of the Government or Govt. Aided Arts & Science Colleges. (The scholar with M.Phil. qualification must be a student of 1st or IInd year of Ph. D. Course)
- They must have secured 60% marks in P.G. Degree
- They should not be in receipt of any other Scholarship
- Part time Ph.D. Research Scholars are not eligible.
- An amount of RS.3000/- per month will be given to 60 research scholars who are selected
- under this scheme. Selection is made on merit basis