Holy Cross College (autonomous) has been in the forefront of women's education for eight decades and more. It was started for the benefit of the young girls of Tiruchirappalli as early as 1923, when higher education for women was considered almost a transgression against the age old respected customs concerning higher education for girls...
|Holy Cross College (autonomous), Tiruchirappalli, run by the Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod, Province of Tiruchirappalli, is affiliated to the Bharathidasan University and it is one among the oldest colleges for women in South India. It has its headquarters at Puthur, Tiruchirappalli. Holy Cross Provincialate is registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860.|